Who We Help
Burton Sweet Charities proudly serve clients who together represent the vibrancy and diversity of the charity, social enterprise and civil society spectrum. From academy schools to poverty relief organisations, their activities include:
• Family support
• Community transport, community resources and facilities
• Healthcare and medical research
• Rehabilitation and preventative work with those at risk of self-harm and substance abuse
• Environmental care and protection, recycling and sustainability
• Combating poverty and social disadvantage
• Social housing provision and reducing homelessness
All charities have charitable purposes for public benefit. All of them are subject to substantial legal and regulatory regimes with significant public accounting and reporting obligations.
Diverse in size, location and charitable activities – from addiction recovery support to young people’s education and development – they are equally diverse in legal structures – from charitable incorporated organisations (CIOs) and companies limited by guarantee to trusts and members’ associations.
Faith sector organisations
Churches, chapels, places of worship and faith based charities have distinctive characteristics. Our specialist knowledge and experience of their particular needs and sensitivities equips us to help them meet the challenges they face.
Social enterprises, civil society and ‘not-for-profits’
Community interest companies, and social enterprises and the range of other civil society and ‘not-for-profit’ organisations benefit our communities and underpin a healthy society.